SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: Vacant Justice Position Petition Process
- Independent Petitions for the Keene Justice Position accepted until June 30th, 2021.
- Candidates must go to the Essex County Board of Elections Office (7551 Court Street, P.O. Box 217, Elizabethtown, NY 12932) between 8:00 am – 4:00 pm ASAP to pick up the Independent Petition and choose an independent party and symbol.
- Petitions can be circulated over the next 5 days and must be submitted to the Board of Elections office by June 30th for a candidate to appear on the November 2nd, 2021 Ballot.
- A minimum of 16 signatures are required. Independent Petitions can be signed by any registered voter from the Town of Keene regardless of party affiliation or non-affiliated status. Voters can only sign one petition.
- Candidates have until July 22nd, 2021 to seek party nominations through the town committees.