The 21st annual IRONMAN Lake Placid triathlon will take place from 6:25 a.m. to midnight Sunday, July 25. The triathlon route includes a 2.4-mile swim in Mirror Lake, a 112-mile bike ride through Lake Placid, Keene, Upper Jay, Jay, Black Brook, and Wilmington, and a 26.2-mile run in and around the Lake Placid village.
Temporary road closures will begin at 5 a.m. The following are all estimated times based on New York State Police traffic control. Please use caution and expect delays.
- Road closures (Route 86) southbound to Lake Placid from Wilmington beginning from 7 a.m. until 6:30 p.m.
- Route 86 westbound from Jay to Wilmington will close from 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Route 9N will close northbound from Keene to Jay at 6 a.m until 5 p.m.
- Haselton Road will be closed in both directions from Bilhuber Road to the Black Brook town line from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Haselton Road from Route 86 to Bilhuber Road will be open only northbound from 8 a.m – 5 p.m.
- Road closures (Route 73) south / eastbound from Lake Placid to Keene beginning at 5 a.m. until 4 p.m.